My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Back in Action


Well, that move to the new Google account got me very confused. And, I couldn't login or post my comments on other blogs. So, I am sorry if it seemed to some that I dropped off the face of the earth. I did not, and have been reading all of your blogs.

Note: Demeter, I cannot view your blog now. It seems I do not have permission and was not able to contact you.

Well, Skylar will be 5 months this week! I cannot believe how time has flown since we got out of the hospital. She is so much fun now. And such a happier baby. She smiles all of the time, grabs everything in sight, and is still a good sleeper at 8-10 hours a night. (Although last night she was up at 2am and 5:30am needing to eat before sleeping in until 9am -- strange!)

I don't know if it is Skylar's age and new demeanor or the anti-depressant/anxiety meds I am taking (or all three) but I have been feeling great and really enjoying being a Mom. She really is the apple of my eye. And it is so awesome to see her recognize me from across the room and flash me a huge smile. She also always tries to eat my hair and nose.

My hair, by the way, is falling out in clumps. This started at 3.5 months and I hope it slows down soon. I find my hair everywhere! Even in Skylar's diaper. Thank god I have a lot of hair.

I am now back to work. This was the most stressful part to me but it seems to be going well so far. (I have been back for a week and a half.) As you may remember, I work from home. So, I have a nanny come to my house 2 days a week from 9-5. And, 3 days a week I take Skylar and my computer to my Grandmother's house where she cares for Skylar from 8:45 to 2pm. So, I am always in the same place. And, I have been pumping so she is still getting breast milk. Although I do supplement with formula now because it is hard to keep up with her appetite pumping.

The nanny I hired is wonderful. Very loving and great with Skylar. But, phew -- childcare us expensive. That is why I only have her 2 days a week. Plus, I think it is wonderful that Skylar can spend time with her Great Grandmother. And it really gives my Grandmother a sense of purpose to care for her.

I do not put in a full 40 hours but it seems to be working OK so far. When I get busier I will have the extend the days where I only work until 2.

I have mixed feelings about working. Sometimes I like the baby break but I also miss being with my little pumpkin all day long. But, I think my situation is ideal as you can get (while still working) since I can see her and hold her whenever I want. Also, I got a raise and promotion while on maternity leave which made going back to work worth it financially. At this point, I am still the main breadwinner in the family (much to M's dismay.) But, M's company is growing and he is doing so well there with a recent promotion as well.

Anyway -- I better get back to work as it is my short day and Skylar decided to sleep until 9am and I didn't have the heart to wake her so I started late as well.

2 comments:

Student said...

She is too cute! Thanks for your words of encouragement. I would love to correspond with you about PPD treatment. I don't see an email on your blog. I have mine listed on my blog. Can you drop me an email sometime? Thanks!

Josefina said...

Your baby is really wonderful!! And I'm so glad you're doing so well, with your job, the nanny and everything!!
Congratulations!!