My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Really loving this motherhood stuff


So, I can officially say I am really starting to enjoy being a Mom. Skylar is getting her own distinct personality and she is always smiling at me with her two little bottom teeth poking out like a Jack o Lantern. She squeals and laughs and tries to do a raspberry. She is the cutest.
The picture above is from a wedding we attended this past weekend. She is all dressed up!
I have started putting her to bed earlier (by 8) and that has really helped her evening fussiness. An overtired baby is an unhappy baby. She has her on and off nights with sleep. Sometimes she sleeps a miraculous 11-12 hours and other times she wakes 2-3 times in a night. The frequent waking is not the norm so I feel lucky. But, I do treasure the marathon sleep nights.


I must admit that I am a little disappointed in the amount of help that M is. He just hasn't assumed the father role I hoped he would. Don't get me wrong -- he loves Skylar to bits but he doesn't spend a lot of time holding her and is not patient enough to spend long times playing with her. I think he expects her to just sit there and watch TV with him. I know men and women are different but I do know some Men who just fall in love with their babies right away and can't get enough of them. That really isn't M and I am learning to accept that -- as much as it hurts to do so. It really makes me question whether I could even have another child with him because I would need his help and support even more so with 2. I can only do so much working full time and caring for Skylar. Anyway -- enough complaining.


2 comments:

Josefina said...

Your baby is absolutely delicious!!!!! That dress!! OMG!! really wonderful!!

About M, I haven't had the experience yet, but I do think men are a little less dedicated, it's in their nature....maybe those guys you say that are soooo involved, is only what their wives say, but maybe in reality it's not like that! Anyway, I've also heard that men start to get involved with their sons/daughters once they're a little bigger and more capable of doing stuff...
Just be patient!!

Demeter said...

Skylar is gorgeous! I am so glad you are enjoying motherhood. Perhaps M will be involved at a later stage when Skylar starts saying Daddy to her. And men don't always know how to handle babies.