My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Milestones are creating an avalanche

No one told me that once a child hits 2 its like a boulder that picks up speed and they start growing up so fast. We are experiencing it now. In the past month or so we knocked out potty training and getting rid of the crib, changing table, and diaper champ (thank god).

We also have been introduced to a somewhat Terrible 2 who resists baths, getting dressed, and generally doing what you want them to do whenever she feels like it. (Some days are better than others.)

The Nap has been a struggle and I am beginning to fear it is on its way out. Not that she doesn't need it but the resistance is intense and when it comes 3pm I just throw in the towel and look forward to an earlier bedtime.

Last weekend I had my first knock at the door and 5 kids asking "Can Skylar come out and play?"So cute and it took me back to the days when I was that kid knocking or waiting for the Ice Cream Truck or having to be home when the street lights came on.

Once you have a child you just start to adjust to it. I am in bed by 11pm most nights. Often earlier. It is Sat night at 7:30 pm and I am in my PJs because of a 6:30 wake, day on the trampoline, country fair, no nap, and boundless energy from Miss S. It is a sweet tired though. Looking forward to a glass of wine and movie on the couch with my Man.

I mentioned the trampoline....yep...Grand Mare (my Mom) bought it for Skylar's B-day. We resisted initially for fear of it eating up our backyard. But, I think we both agree the benefits outweigh the eye soreness. Hours of fun. And, the enclosure means Mom and Dad can drink a beer and watch from the sidelines... ah simple pleasures of familydom.

2 comments:

Melissa B said...

WOW! A trampoline! That looks like fun! So when is the next GTG at your place ;o)

eydie said...

Oh please don't tell me the growing only gets faster as they get older! It's already going by in a blur... Sorry about the terrible two's - although something tells me Skylar at her worst, still can't possibly be too bad! ;)