My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Feeling BLAH

Well, I must say that I definitely feel more pregnant than I did the last time around. I am tired (I slept 10 hrs last night!) and I just feel kind of icky all of the time. I don't have my usual energy and not much motivation to engage in my usual projects.

I haven't really even cracked my pregnancy books yet since I think I am still apprehensive to totally admit to myself I am truly pregnant and will have a baby here in December. I just want these 12 weeks to fly past.

Actually, today I feel a bit better today than usual. I should be happy about that, but that makes me a bit nervous. I think I will be nervous for every ultrasound, that will just be the way it goes. But, I have made it a point this week to be positive, stay off the message boards, and I think I will let my Fertility Friend membership expire. (Plus, no spotting this week!) Sometimes it all just feeds the fire of worry and overanalyzing.

Oh, my boobs are getting a bit bigger. At least bigger for me. I have been looking forward to that since it will be quite a change for me. :)

So, M is in China now. He had a mix up and "forgot" his Chinese visa so couldn't enter China from Hong Kong. (It was in his expired passport) luckily he was able to purchase one there and get it in 5 hours. So, his delay wasn't too bad. His cell phone works in China so he is easy to get a hold of if you time it right. Modern technology! He will go to Tokyo on Sat. I am sad I won't see my good friend who is living there. She is one of those friends that I really enjoy. We only met about 5 years ago, so it is a newer friendship, but we always have so much fun and so much to talk about.

She actually said she would be uncomfortable if I visited while pregnant because she hasn't really navigated the medical system and their approach seems quite different than the US. She has chosen to wait to have another child until they return to the US (could be 2-3 years) because she does not want to go through her pregnancy and have a baby there. She is overly cautious because her son (now almost 3) was born premature at 7 mos. and she is afraid of pre-term labor again. I can understand that.

Here is to relaxing and feeling blah...

1 comment:

Josefina said...

I'm amazed how well you describe your feelings, and how similar they sound to the ones I would've if I were in your place!!!!
I think things will work out just fine for you, you've just like 4 weeks more to go!!!! And according to a friend of mine, who's a doctor, it's pretty normal to have a m/c in the first pregnancy, but that shouldn't be a pattern.
Of course I'd be as nervous as you are, but well, we're here for support!!
And yeah, I'm looking really forward to have my bbs bigger for a change!! LOL!!!