My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Ovarian cyst

In my past post I had failed to mention that at my Level 2 ultrasound they did find that the baby has an ovarian cyst. The Dr has assured me that this is not uncommon or dangerous and it should resolve itself on its own (usually by the time the baby is 1 month old). The u/s tech said this is usually just a result of hormones. (Uh ohÂ…her hormones are already crazy!)

They said they will monitor it to ensure it does not grow and compromise any ovarian function but it is definitely not life threatening. So, that means more ultrasounds for me.

I have one this Wednesday to check ob its size. It looked Huge on theultrasoundd but my Dr said it was magnified and was only 1 cm in diameter. Strange cause in comparison to the baby's total size it looked mammoth. I am hoping that we may be pleasantly surprised by a complete disappearance.

Oddly enough, despite myoveranalyzingg, worrying personality I have not been too concerned. All my research and the Dr.'scasuall reaction made me believe that it is no big deal. SO, I am grateful.

The u/s tech said a funny thing. She said, "Worst comes to worst she loses her right ovary. But, you only need one." That is true but it struck me as a funny thing to say. I would like my daughter to have both ovaries if possible. :)

Anyway -- I will keep you all posted on the u/s result on Wed.

No comments: