My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Cyst update

Well -- the baby's cyst has gotten bigger. In fact, it almost doubled in size and is now about 2 cm. In the large scheme of things, that is still pretty small.

The u/s technician still did not seem concerned and I have not yet talked to my Dr about the results. The tech said my Dr may send me to a specialist for a 3rd trimester u/s to confirm it is ovarian and make sure its growth is not crowding other organs or compromising the ovary.

And, as I mentioned, most go away within the baby's first few months of life. They do not expect it to go away before birth.

I feel pretty calms about it. Everything I read confirmed it is not to be concerned about. Yea, I wish it wasn't there and my baby was alarmingly perfect -- but hey -- we are human and s%$t happens. As long as it is s%&t that won't endanger the life of my baby I can deal with it. :)

1 comment:

Josefina said...

Hi!! Here I am!!!
Well, I hope everything continues well, I'm sure that cyst will go away in no time!!! And you know? there's probably been LOTS of baby girls with cysts, but technology wasnt' that accurate some years ago...so blame it to technology!!!
Good luck! I'm sure everything will turn out just great!!!