My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ready to launch

Well, I had my last ultrasound yesterday. My Dr had ordered a third trimester ultrasound at 32 weeks to take another peek at the ovarian cyst and ensuring it is not getting too big. She also wanted to check me out before I travel to Georgia this weekend for a family wedding. I am passed their usual time when they allow travel.

Well good news! The cyst has gotten smaller. It measured smaller than last time and the baby has grown considerably so it looked a lot smaller too. So, I am hoping it will continue to shrink an disappear by the time Skylar is a month old...which is what the Dr predicted.

We also found that the baby is heads down and nuzzled way down in my pelvis. In "launch position" is what the u/s tech said. Actually, she was nestled so far down that the tech had difficulty finding and measuring my cervix. She actually said, "You may not be going to that wedding" and "Have you had any contractions?" so I could tell she was concerned. But, she switch to a transvaginal ultrasound and was able to find and measure the cervix. And, it was closed and just over the 3 cm they like to see. So, I was cleared for travel.

I am not sure if she will stay heads down, but I hope so since that will decrease the likelihood of a breech position and possible C section. I would really like to avoid a C section if possible.

The baby now weighs about 4 lbs. and is in the 42nd percentile. The tech said that this means that full term, if she continues to grow at the same rate, she will likely weigh 7 1/2 lbs. That sounds good to me. I have had many friends having 8 lb + babies lately. My last friend's baby was 8lb 8 oz! Yowza!

I am very excited for the trip this weekend. M's family is a lot of fun and I really could use a break from work. I had a major deadline yesterday and was just exhausted. And, there is more to come up until the final week in November.

Finding something to wear to a wedding was a challenge. I really love dressing up but of course none of my dresses fit over my basketball. And, I just wanted to make sure I felt good and comfortable at the same time. Luckily I found a simple black maternity cocktail dress that didn't break my bank. I have been so lucky with maternity clothes because so may of my friends have recently had babies and have lent me tons of clothes. Cute, expensive one I would have cringed at having to buy. So, the # of items I have actually bought is pretty small.

Same goes for baby clothes and supplies. Everyone has been so generous (and happy to get stuff out of storage in their garages!) and we have benefited.

So now, we are just waiting for baby. I am so excited for her arrival and to take the time off work to spend with her. I can tell M is going to be the best father. He is so cute in those baby care and childbirth classes we have had. And, he does a great swaddle and diaper! :)

No comments: