Well, yesterday I had my weekly OB appt. And, I am 3 cm dilated! The Dr stripped my membranes (which was quite painful and bloody) and said she hoped I would go into labor this morning. She didn't really ask if she could strip my membranes but I guess the dilation and the fact that I am full term impelled her to get the show on the road.
Knowing that it is so close (and seeing a lot of red blood after the procedure) made me nervous for the first time. I have been cramping since last night but with no real rhyme or reason. This morning I have timed my "cramps" (not really calling them contractions yet -- since I am not sure) at about 10-15 minutes apart for the last hour but they only last about 30-40 sec and are not that painful. So, we shall see.
I feel ready and I worked hard last night after the appt to get all of my ducks in a row with work. And, M's big presentation is this AM. He should be done by 12pm so I think all will work within his time restrictions if I was to go into labor today.
Of course, it could still be days away. Last night I was convinced I would be going to the hospital in the middle of the night. But, no, I slept pretty well with not a lot of disturbance despite my cramp evening.
I will keep you posted. Wish me luck! :)
3 comments:
Sending lots of good thoughts and wishes your way!
Well, the best of lucks for you, I think this is your last post with Skylar inside you!!!!
I think you're very ready, my SIL was 3 cm dilated when they left her in the hospital...
I'll be thinking of you! Hoping that your labor turns out alright!!!!
Please as soon as you can inform us!!!
WOW, you might have had your little one already!!! I am so excited for you. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment