My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A quick check in


It has been hard to find time to write but I have a few moments so wanted to check in.


I am doing MUCH better. I don't know if it is just time, the medication, or Skylar's more pleasant demeanor (or a combination of all three) that has made the past few weeks so much better.


My anxiety has decreased a lot and I am sleeping well. Skylar is averaging 8 hours a night so that has been wonderful. She is also a lot less fussy (except for in the evenings) which makes the days easier. She smiles and coos and can entertain herself for periods of time. She still likes to be held much of the time -- but who doesn't? ) The breastfeeding is still going well and she will take a bottle from me and others when I have time to pump.


I extended my maternity leave to the end of April when Skylar will be 5 months. I just felt that 4 montsh was too small to have her in the care of others. I do work from home so will always be in the same place, but I need assistance to get my work done. My grandmother will likely watch her 3 days a week -- I will go to her home so she doesn't have to drive. And, I will bring someone in my home to assist 2 days a week. I am hoping that the nanny my mother used for my younger brother and sister (who I have known for 15 years and was at my wedding) will be available because she is like part of the family. And, she helps me practice my Spanish which is getting rusty.


Anyway -- things are coming together and I am starting to feel like my old self and enjoy motherhood more. It is still hard and I am still tired but I am not unhappy and stressed all of the time. It is hard to make time for "romance" in my life with M because I fall asleep shortly after Skylar does each night, but I am hoping it will get easier to make time for that important element.


Anyway -- I better go since I have to get back to my sweet little girl...

2 comments:

Demeter said...

I am so glad you are back, I am feeling like my little one is giving me a break too, the harder times seem to be fading slowly, I am sure that Skylar cries less as she is adjusting to life outside the womb. Which is expected. I am also trying to find a nanny for Yael who speaks Spanish so she can use it one day (it is my mother tongue)

Josefina said...

I'm very happy you're doing so much better! and that you're getting organized with leaving Skylar and all....

And remember, if you need to practice your spanish, you can always ask me!! LOL!!

By the way, your baby is more and more beautiful everyday!! very cute!!!