My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Big smiles!


It is so nice to say that the difficult times are behind me. I enjoy my time with Skylalr so much. She is changing and surprising me everyday. She is such a happy baby and smiling all of the time. It has been hard to catch her smiles in photos but this one did. :)
M and I had a big talk/fight about his involvement. Although tough it was good to communicate. And, he has been much more help lately and it shows in his relationship with Skylar. She is much happier and more comfortable in his arms. He even put her to bed the past 2 nights! That makes me happy too!
She is also much easier to take places and I think that has to do with me relaxing more. I don't try to schedule feedings -- I just go woth the flow. And, I alternate between breastfeeding and bottle feeding since she has grown so accustomed to the bottle and my milk supply has decreased a bit since going back to work (although I pump 3 times a day). I am happy that I have made it 6 months and she is still getting the benefit of breastmilk at least half+ of the time.
Last night I had a horrible dream that Skylar died in an accident at a restaurant that I partially caused. I was devastated and screaming. It was disturbing but it really reinforced for me how much I love this little person. She has become my everything and I couldn't be happier. The first 3 months were brutal but it is definitely worth it!

2 comments:

Josefina said...

Great picture!!
I'm glad you could talk to your husband and even better, that he's changing!!!
You're so thin, I feel really envious! LOL!!
And I'm really happy you're feeling great!!!

Demeter said...

I am glad the worst is over. Now you can enjoy Skylar and the months to come are wonderful!