
Life has taken on a certain level of routine and I think it is good for both Skylar and me! Skylar has a regular schedule with 2 naps a day and bedtime at 7:30 pm. She usually sleeps through the night but has been waking a bit earlier than this mom would like at 6:30. I am not a morning person. I almost prefer when she wakes up to eat once in the night because then she usually sleeps until 7:30 or so.
Putting her to sleep for naps and bedtime has gotten so easy! She wants to go to bed. I put her down in her crib awake and just say Night Night and leave. Sometimes she fusses for 2-3 min but usually we never hear a peep from her. And she wakes up all smiles. I had never dared try put her down unless she was almost asleep from rocking, nursing, or a bottle. I wonder if this tactic would have worked a lot sooner and I was just afraid to try? I will never know. But, I did have to listen to 5 min or so of crying the first few times and I don't think I felt ready for that until she was 6 months old.
I have officially stopped nursing now. So I made it just over 6 months. Skylar just lost interest -- it was too boring. And, she was very used to the bottle since I had been pumping for the last 2 months so the caregivers could feed her while I worked. I miss it a little but I must admit that the freedom is nice. And, because Skylar no longer enjoyed it I knew it was time to stop. She is much more interested in food than the bottle anyway. She likes her pureed veggies (not so much into fruit) but loves staring at the food on adult plates. She longs for it. It is so cute.
I really love this girl with all of my heart. She brings joy to my entire family. And, my family has gotten so much closer since her birth. I see my grandmother, aunt, and cousins every week. I see my uncle much more often and I see my Mom multiple times a week. She is a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment