My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Countdown

Skylar and Molly beating the heat in OC

(no I will never say "the OC" -- lame)

My sister is having some pre-labor contractions and just found out she is 2 cm dilated and 65% effaced. She seems to have somewhat regular contractions at 2 hour intervals right now. But only time will really tell if they are regular.

I am so excited for her and to have another baby in the family. Skylar has been our focus for the past 17 months and it will be neat to shine the limelight on my sister and Charlotte. I can't wait to squeeze the new baby. I have a feeling (and am hoping) they get a mellow baby. The shock of having a baby is so tough I would hate to have my sis deal with the fussiness and anxiety I did. One case of PPD in the family is enough I say!

I definitely think I have some baby fever. And, I would love to be pg again -- although not drinking wine for 9 months seems almost impossible. Wow, I sound like an alchy.. maybe I am, in a way? But the night time it the right time for a glass of vino. Is that an old Miller commercial?

Speaking of alcoholics -- we are off to Vegas this weekend for some real debauchery. We are going with some very party-focused friends so I know it will be a sloppy affair. This will be my 3rd trip away from Skylar overnight. As she gets older it gets allot easier. She is just a happy friendly kid and does well with my family. She is also a great sleeper now. My Mom will be staying at our house so she will even be in her own crib which will make it even easier. Uh oh better hide the porn and paraphernalia with Mom in our bedroom. ;)

Speaking of bedroom, M and I are still getting along really well even without tons o' s-e-x (I get tired on the weeknights.) He was away last weekend but has seemed genuinely thrilled to be home with us and very affectionate (OK --still the butt grabbing kind but men are not subtle.) So, I will not ruin it with a baby discussion but am hoping we can broach the topic in a few months and I can arise victorious. Just one more baby -- one teeny tiny baby to give us 6+ months of hell and a lifetime of happiness. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't miss that Charlotte arrived, did I? Hope you guys have a fun weekend in Vegas. I am dying to play some blackjack and have a few (ok, a lot) of drinks. Woohoo!