No, not Tony Danza...Skylar C. It seems that in the past 2 weeks her language has exploded even more. M came back from his work trip in Spain and commented that he came back to a full blown little person.
With language she has gotten pretty bossy, in a cute way. She wanted something to drink and I said,
"OK, I'll get it."
S: "No, sit down Mommy. I get it."
Then she walked to the fridge and started pulling on the handle and said, "ooo, heavy, heavy. Mommy help you?"
So I helped her out. Then she said, "Thank you Mommy."
This morning we were getting in the car to head to my Nana's and she said,
"I want Baby."
So I went in the house and got her doll.
When I returned she said, "Otro Baby!" (My bilingual girl)
I asked, "Baby Susi or Little Baby?"
S: "Little Baby!"
So I went to get Little Baby (which is a scary mutant baby who has no hands or feet courtesy of my dog Rueben.)
When I returned with the Mutant she said, "No! Little Baby Susi!"
Now this is not so cute. But, I got damn Susi and we took off in the car where she made me sing "Jingle Bell Rock" for much of the way. If I stopped she yelled, "Mas Jingle Bell!"
We are working on the "Please" and a better tone for requests -- I promise. She has "Thank you" and "No Thank you" down though.
But, you tend to forget the bossiness when you are driving, sneeze and hear a little voice behind you say, "Bless you."
Motherhood is awesome.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I love that she speaks Spanish! Can you post some pictures of this mutant doll please? I'm very curious. ;)
Thats so cute.
i giggled at the mutant baby. It is amazing what kids get "attached" to. At least she is keeping you in shape with the back and forth fetching her babies :)
Post a Comment