My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Sick sick sick

Yep, Skylar was sick. High fever that reached 104.5. A bit scary but I remained pretty calm. I think our past which includes ER rooms, 10 nights at CHOC, and emergency surgery makes the small stuff seem just that...small.

I am still however an information junkie, internet researcher, and apparently master diagnostician. She had Roseola which I guessed and confirmed. The good thing about that illness is that despite the high fever and goofy spots that look like you drew them on with a red pen for a Pippi Longstocking Halloween costume, Skylar remained in pretty good spirits throughout.

Roseola -- that's off my back. Onto the Terrible Twos...which I think are knocking at my door because a new high pitch scream has emerged which makes me cringe and want to hide in public places lest people think I am one of "THOSE parents" with no control. I am doing my best to discourage it but sometimes M and I can't help but laugh.

Below are some pics of my sick girl. Whatta Ham...




2 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh, poor sweet girl. I love how the pics go in order... by the end she's like "dude mom, Im sick, put the camera down"....

Demeter said...

Wow, BBC, My little one had roseola too... It was also high fever, for a few days, very high fever, but doctor diagnosed it really quickly, the key to his diagnosis was her eyes, they were redish, and then, after a few days, a full rash all over her body. Welcome to childhood deseases.

I am back and my new blog is:http://demeters2joys.blogspot.com/

take care.