Just when you think you are headed downhill....the sweet child returns. Magically and all of a sudden (since last week - and who knows how long this will last) my Terrible 2 ain't so terrible. No fighting getting dressed or in the bath. Naps have been pretty easy except for some dawdling (and never before 2:00 pm). And, bedtime has become pretty easy - she makes sure I close her gate and door, says "I love you Mommy, you (or daddy) come check on me?" I say "Yes, in 10 minutes." And that is that.
The best thing of all, I have one little mush mush. She tells me and Dadddy "I love you" all the time, hugs us, goes in for the lip kiss (much to my Mom's germaphobe dismay), and says things like "Family hug!" and "Friends!" when she grabs both and M and I at the same time. When M and I kiss to she laughs , points, and says, "You're friends!" Apparently I need to make the distinction between friends and "friends" soon or little S may turn into a kissing bandit like her Mama. ;) (Don't we all have our hussy, make-out with lots of people days, or was it just me?)
Needless to say, life in mi casa es dulce.
I did finally find a pre-school so my husband can stop comparing me to a documentary about parents in NYC who treated preschool admission like getting into Harvard. It was worse than stage mothers and very twisted. But, a sad (but often true) comment on modern parenting. I hang tight that I was NOT anything like that. I did have an excel comparison spreadsheet (but that is the kind of Type A gals I am) But, prestige, wait lists, income of other parents, etc. were not my main concerns. I just wanted to find a place I felt would care for my kid with love, common sense, and intelligence. Period. And, I think I found it - phew!
A huge stress was lifted with that.
Now, I still have the stress of working on baby #2 which is split into three areas:
1) Can I handle 2 kids, a full time job, a marriage, and a life?
2) Will my husband ever truly support the decision instead of just relenting
3) Will I ever get pregnant? It has been 6 months and I ain't getting any younger. I am starting to get pessimistic and am not sure to what length we will (or my husband will let us) go. I just want to get pregnant before I overanalyze and change my mind. Analysis paralysis can and does happen. I need action.
The End (my "better napper" who is supposed to be sleepinh just came in to see me with Play-doh in her hair -- I think it requires scissors and I must go.)
3 comments:
Glad to hear the terrible part didn't last to long. We are there now and it is rough. So glad you found a preschool you love. I will have to get info from you when the time is right on all the places you looked!
She is too cute. You are such a blessed mama. I love the end.
I knew she couldn't be terrible for long!
Post a Comment