My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Just when I thought...



...this blog's name needed a change, a new "project" begins. Yep, that's right. This ole lady has a bun in the oven. I am coming out of the first trimester "woods" and am currently just shy of 13 weeks pregnant with BBC #2.

We had an ultrasound on Monday and Wiener Watch 2009 was in effect. The results - it appears there is something hanging in the nether regions. The tech seemed quite sure but we will confirm in 5-7 more weeks with the BIG anatomy ultrasound. At this point, I am believing the tech because 1) they were right at this time with Skylar and 2) I saw something as well - apparently I should have a career as an ultrasound tech myself.

I won't lie - the thought of having a boy excites me - because it is something different and I won't feel like I am cheating on my little Miss. It really is hard to imagine splitting time, attention, and love -- although I know I can.


I must say too, my fear is beginning to subside a bit. I feel like I can and will handle it. Although sometimes, since now Skylar is almost 2 1/2, I can't imagine doing it all again. Life has gotten much easier and fun now with my little girl who can communicate and is very funny. But, I hope it just means I will be an old pro and craft veteran at this child rearing thing.

I haven't had the bad anxiety that plagues me in Sept-Dec of last year. Didn't return to popping pills despite the urge and Dr's advice. But, I know PPD can likely reoccur so will know it is an option should I feel the need. But, I am glad that I am going through this pregnancy au naturale. Even if meds are safe during pregnancy (which I truly believe they are.)

M has been supportive and I can tell he is happy at the prospects of a boy. I am also excited since eventually there will be someone else for him to replay basketball (OK I like basketball) and (God save me) football plays to for awestruck comments (other than "what did I just see?") Maybe he will find a comrade who likes the UFC -- although I hope not. (Sometimes I want to I call phony WWF on that stuff.)

I just started telling people - work, friends, more family. And, I needed to because I my stomach looks like I hit Chipotle at lunch and ate everything on the menu plus a double side of Barbacoa. Haven't gained too much weight as in LBs yet, but, my clothes definitely say something else. I already have trouble finding things I want to wear now we throw a gut in the mix? Thanks!

Anyway - life is good and I am excited to meet this new little person - possibly my little man.

No comments: