So, I spent a little time tonight reading my blog. Yes, I have been delinquent many times and there are often big ole gaps...BUT...it is so cool looking back at milestones and just what was on your mind on a specific day. Especially when you have little ones. So, I will continue...for me...for Skylar...for Beck. No matter if anyone else reads it right? Right.
Beck is now 7.5 months. Seriously? He will be a year before you know it. He sleeps like a champ...is a sweet little soul. He is going through a not so pleasant phase right now. SUPER CLINGON. He always has liked to be held...but now he is teething (always my excuse but we actually have one breaking through so I can officially use it) and I think it has made it 10x worse. He only wants to be in my arms and with me standing. Nope. No sitting Mom. I put him down and he fusses then eventually screams like a girl.
Good news - my arms are really toned right now. Bad news - I can't carry him with my butt.
Only exception to his fuss if not in arms state is when he is outside or in the car (loves car rides)I or in a stroller. The kids likes to get out. Also when I surprise him with an unlikely put down spot - like if I just plop him on the rug in the laundry room. He is stunned to silence by looking at the washing machine or the tile or whatever. I use this a lot - I stun him with something new and unexpected. I used to do this with S. She would be fussing in her room and i would do something weird like get under her crib - she would stop and stare in amazement. Always worked. :)
I also just have to let him fuss sometimes. Mommy has to go potty, make lunch for Skylar, get dressed, etc. Deal with it buster. (Ah #2 is so much easier mentally.)
M has been out of town in Scotland for the past week. Miss him terribly. Tired. Miss him. He misses us too. Calls every day, wants to come home early but can't - 12 days 24-7 with your Dad could do that to anyone.
Other milestones...Beck started sitting unassisted just after 6 months -- started crawling now at 7.5. Well, let me clarify. He can crawl but hasn't chosen to exercise it all the time. He crawled about 7 feet to me the other night so I declared crawler in Facebook. But, he hasn't taken off doing it all the time. It is near though. He does fuss the entire time though since you can tell it is challenging. He is a fusser. Just like Skylar -- lucky me. Thank god for wine. Serio.


2 comments:
I read!
gald the blog is sticking around!!
Post a Comment