
I work from home. So does my miniature dachsund, Rueben. Rueben is 13.5 lbs with 200 lbs of attitude. He is tough. He is a protector. He barks my ear off some days. Yesterday was such a day. If he wasn't sitting at the window patrolling and barking at paserbys, he was opening all the kitchen cabinets to find food. He wanted to kill the DHL guy. He was in rare form. Most days he sleeps the day away. Often on my lap while I am at the computer. Not yesterday. I had a headache. I was cranky. He was a jerk. I envisioned throwing his little body out the window. I yelled at him like how my Mom used to when I was really in trouble as a kid. I cussed at him. Then, I felt guilty, told him I was sorry, kissed his head, and gave him a treat. I love that damn dog.
Ohhh I have a lot to learn. At least I recognize it right...
1 comment:
Believe me, you will have plenty of days like that with a child as well. No matter how much you love them, even if you would walk on nails to the end of the earth for them, someday they will do something that will just make your head spin and you will literally want to throw them out the window. So you better get used to it now!
Post a Comment