My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Entering a new phase

11 weeks and 1 day today (Baby C measured exactly 11 weeks at today's ultraound). I am off the progesterone as of today (no more white messy pants - yea!) and only have 1 more appt with Dr. A. The close monitoring has been great. And luckily, it will continue for a week weeks since I have my first trimester screening with my regular OB next Wed and then my 14 week appt and u/s less than 2 weeks later. Then, I will have the AFP at 16 weeks and the level 2 u/s (where you usually get to know the sex) at 18 weeks. So, no long periods of waiting between visits -- phew!

I have found that I now truly believe I am pregnant and feel free to make plans as if I am. M and I are are looking into getting a more baby friendly car (I have a 2 door SUV that isn't convenient -- not to mention a gas guzzler) and I ordered plantation shutters for the guest room which will soon be a nursery.

Just last week I took some new pajamas up to the checkout counter and quickly put them back when I realized they were maternity. I wasn't even in the maternity section, they just looked cute and comfy. But, I dropped them like a hot potato because I didn't want to jinx anything. My Mom asked,"What is jinx?" Which is so cute since you think she would know by now having had 4 kids, two of which are only 13 and 15 (my 1/2 bro and sister).

I haven't started telling everyone yet, but a few more people know. My boss for one. We had a meeting and she wanted to map out my time and schedule until Feb 07! She had me completing all of these major projects in Feb when I will be on maternity leave, so I had to spill the beans. She was great and supportive as I expected. I am very lucky to have a flexible job where I work from home. I am deadline driven (not a 9 to 5er) so I can really work around my own schedule. This will be great (although tiring) when the baby comes because we are not quite able to live off a single income -- not in Southern California where we are from, at least.

So, anyway, I am still waiting until I leave the first trimester to tell more people (although me not having a glass of wine at dinner or margarita on a Sat afternoon has been a dead giveaway!) When does this magical trimester end? End of the 12th week at officially 13 weeks? Why did someone say 14 weeks? I am going with the end of the 12th week -- sounds good to me.

1 comment:

Josefina said...

I think it depends on when you start counting: if it's from day 1 of your last period, then 14 weeks could be the 2ยบ trimester start. If you're counting weeks according to your "possible conception day", then 12 weeks is alright.
Anyway, I think you can already start telling people; you've been monitored constantly and it seems everything's going just fine, so I don't think there will be a problem!!!!
I'm so happy for you! REALLY!!!!
Keep us posted!!!