Well, yesterday morning I had my final appt with Dr. A. Baby C measured 56 mm and 12 weeks 1 day. Right on track! He/she was particularly active and squirming around all over the place. Dr. A congratulated me and told me I was officially out of the first trimester. I guess he goes by the 12 week mark (which technically is the end of the 12th week.) He said I now fall under the probably more relaxed rules of my OB. What this means for me is 1) I can resume moderate exercise - yea! and 2) I can get some lovin, finally, after 9 long weeks!
Although excited about #2, I must say I am a bit anxious about it. In my head I know that sex is just fine. But, after the restriction (and everything going so well) I worry. But, I know that people have been having sex while pg for 100s of years so I will join the ranks (much to my husband's delight...and mine too.) I will just emphasize the "be gentle" factor since we do tend to have aggressive, rough (in a good way) sex. Any advice on how to "get back on the horse" so to speak from others who have had the restriction or just have been pg before would be much appreciated!
So, now I feel free to tell more people. Although, I haven't really done it yet. Just thought I would announce as I interact with people and not make specific calls. Those who have known now seem to be obsessed with the sex question and names. Of course, I have thought about it but not too much. It is funny how everyone asks what you want. Girl or boy? I always answer: "I want a healthy baby." But then you inevitably get..."But if you had to choose? What is your preference?" Geez, is this Sophie's Choice? When pressured I usually say a boy since that had been my preference before. But, I really don't care.
I do have the DVD of my latest ultrasound and when replaying it to my 14 and 15 year old brother and sister I told them that they are on "Weiner Watch 2006"! They loved that but agreed, we just can't tell yet. :)
Anyway, first trimester screening (nuchal translucency) is tomorrow. Wish me luck!
1 comment:
Well Congrats on that milestone!!!!
I found it very funny that you have a 14 and 15 year old brother and sister, me too!! (sister 15, brother 14)....
Well, it seems now everything's going to be calmer...
About the sex part, I'm sorry I don't know, but I suppose there's no problem on mantaining your usual habits!
My doctor once told us that if the baby's a keeper, it will be a keeper no matter what (he told us about a pretty sports lady, who climbed mountains with her mountain bike, and didn't realize she was pg until her 4th month, and the baby was born 100% healthy)...
And I've neved heard of a m/c caused by sex!!!!!
So have a good time!!!!
Post a Comment