Well, I had my 7 week ultrasound this morning and saw the beautiful heartbeat. The baby measures 9mm and the Dr says all looks great! I feel so happy and relieved. Although I did see the heartbeat at 6wk 4 days last time and still miscarried, I do know that the chances of miscarriage now drop to 5% or less. So, I am optimistic that I will not be incredibly unlucky twice in a row.
Dr. A did not measure the heartbeat in beats per minute. I am kind of grateful for that because I would hate to find myself researching "good ranges" for HBs at 7 weeks. And, oh, you know I would. Dr A. is a straight shooter and I like that. During the u/s when we were seeing the HB, I probed and asked, "Does it look like a strong HB?" And he said, "Its either there or its not. It's there so it looks good." I can't help but think he does not look for babies at 6wks, and doesn't measure the HBs at 7 wks for a reason. He has probably dealt with many overanalyzers and doesn't want to cause any undue stress. I am very thankful.
So, no Tokyo for me (yea!). M leaves tomorrow AM for China the Tokyo. So, I will have to plan a special dinner to see him off. I must say that this "no sex" thing is starting to get difficult. I just feel bad as if I am neglecting my man. I know it is for good reason, and I am a rule follower but M and I have always had a very active sex life so going cold turkey and just saying "Goodnight honey" is very strange. We are trying workarounds, but they are just not the same. Just 5 more weeks...
On another note, M and I played golf on Sunday and I thought maybe this would be the day to break 100, but it was not to be. I did shoot well on a more difficult course but still scored 106. M says my game is much improved (he is a tough customer so that is quite a compliment) so I am happy about. I need to devote my time to more practice...
4 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!
Congratulations, i found your blog via babyblogarama.net, by the way. :) Take care and glad all is well with you and your baby.
I'm sure you'll survive the next 5 wks being abstinent ;) Hubby and i had to do the same, i had a subchorionic hem early on and was told that i shouldn't have sex until it's resolved. So we held off until i was 20 wks and they found it around 8 wks.
Well, I'm really glad everything is going so well with your pregnancy.
Don't worry, time will go by really fast, I think everything's going to be really fine!!!
Oh, wonderful news! I'm glad you had to cancel the trip (even though Tokyo would have been cool... but hey, a baby is cooler). I had a subchorionic hematoma with my last pregnancy and told no sex too. Which was fine with me, as I was too sick to feel like it anyway. I hope you're able to get through going without OK. I'm sure your husband understands. :-)
Post a Comment