My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Great odds!

Well, I had typed a very lengthy post last Wed after my 1st trimester screening only to have troubles posting. Then I lost it all. After spending so much time writing it, I just couldn't re-write the entire post. So, my apologies for a lag in my Blog.

Well the 1st trimester screening last week went well and the u/s tech even said she *thinks* it looks like a girl. (But not to go painting any walls pink.) I know that 12.5 weeks is far too early so I am taking that with a grain of salt. I will be happy either way but I did note some disappointment in M's eyes when I told him the prediction. Men just always want boys! It so funny. But, every father I know with daughters love it.

I got the results of the screening back and the odds were great. 1 in 2800 for Downs (negative is anything over 1 in 220) and 1 in 10,000 for Trisomy 18. I will take those odds! I have my next appt on Monday at 14 weeks. I think I will have another u/s so am excited for that. I am still apprehensive about telling some people, I keep saying "after Monday I will tell." I think 14 weeks will be a good point for me to totally relax.

On another positive note, M has been playing in a golf tournament the past 2 weekends. And, he made it to the semi-finals. He is in the top 8 out of 130! He never even thought he would make it to the 2nd weekend. This weekend he may have to play 36 holes each day. I have been his lucky caddie and have accompanied him on each round. (I have not been carrying the bag, I push it in my golf push cart.) It has been really great to be there for him. And, he loves having me there so we are really having fun winning together. :) I must admit though, walking 36 holes is tough. On Sunday, I got a cart for the last 18, I just couldn't do it. Walking one round of golf is over 5 miles. Luckily, it hasn't been too hot or that would have been horrible.

Wish him luck!

2 comments:

Student said...

I originally wanted a boy for hubby's sake. The first time he held our daughter, though, I was so happy it was a girl. I've never since wished that we'd had a boy. In fact, if it ever happens again, I'd wish for another girl.

Josefina said...

Wow! Congrats for your husband!!!!
And yes, take it easy with the walks, allow yourself to be in a cart!!!
And, about the baby, I know men go crazy about their daughters!!!!