As you may recall, I was always avoiding the name question which you inevitably get from everyone when discussing pregnancy. At first, I thought it was just too soon to get reckless and start naming the baby. I have never been one to understand why people name babies that they have miscarried -- especially very early miscarriages. To me, it would only be harder to put a more human face on the would-be baby.
Then, I just didn't like the question because most people are so free with their opinion when it comes to names of a baby to be. You tell someone your newborn is named Agatha and everyone says "ooo, now that is nice" but tell them when you are 8 months pregnant you are thinking of Agatha and you get the "Ew!" "No, don't name them that!" "I knew a girl named Agatha who was a total slut." Now, I don't really care if someone doesn't like the names I like, but I would rather not get opinions that aren't asked for just in case it starts some second guessing. Big decisions are hard enough as it is.
Well anyway...I am now sharing my name and have just thrown it all to hell since I like ti so much and no one can deter me. Comments welcome. :)
We will name our baby girl:
Skylar
M wants to call her "Skye" and that is fine with me. He actually wanted to name her just Skye but I really like both Skylar and Skye and I feel that Skye alone sounds a bit hippie dippy nature girl. Something the parents from Family Ties (Elise and Steven) would have named their child before they entered their suburban existence.
Anyway...that's it. It beat pur the other two front runners: Avery and Makenna. The middle name is now in M's hands because I nixed the name he liked: Kayla. Although our top three came from him nixing countless of my other name suggestions. Kayla may just be her middle name, I told him he was free to choose whatever he loved.
So there you have it.
1 comment:
Ohhh what a perfect name! That is so pretty! I too was hesitant to announce the name of our little girl (due 12/18) but I figured I would just keep getting asked if I didn't share it sooner or later!
Post a Comment