My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Reality sets in

As my due date nears this while baby thing is becoming pretty real. There have been some major events with a few of my friends. One, who was due 12/2 gave birth last Tuesday on 11/14 . It was her first baby. Her water broke and her husband was out of town. I spoke to her when she was in labor and she made the pain seem awful at just 1 cm. I am hoping she is just dramatic or has a low pain tolerance.

Another friend who is due 1/17 checked into the hospital on 11/12 because her water broke more than 2 months early! Fortunately, her water is regenerating so she is on bed rest and hoping to keep the baby inside for 3 more weeks to get to 34 weeks before delivery. They do not seem to concerned about the baby though. He is doing well and they gave her a few steroid injections to speed lung development. It was a crazy week last week.

All of these early baby's made me a little nervous because M was is Seattle this past weekend. But, he came home last night and my weekend was uneventful (although packed) because I saw 3 different friends each day. One gave me tons of almost new baby things including some bigger ticket items like a swing and extra car seat base. I feel very fortunate that we have saved some $$.

All of the baby purchases gets expensive. My car seat was $230! I know there are cheaper ones but I opted for the Peg Perego that matches the stroller my mother purchased. I was sad to know it is strictly for infants and she will outgrow it at 22 lbs. But, my sister is planning to start TTC in January so my things will be put to good use!

Now I am focusing on Xmas shopping. I want to get it all done ASAP so I know I can go into labor knowing I have it all covered. I wonder if I will be late and still be baby-less at Xmas -- it is very possible. At this point, I don't care when she comes -- as long as it is after December 1st because of my work project. After that, as long as she is healthy I am fine if she hurries up or takes her time.

Sure, pregnancy is getting a little uncomfortable and tedious now but I have been blessed with a great pregnancy so far. I am very mobile and still going to the gym 3-4 times a week + prenatal yoga.

But at 36 weeks it is great to know that Skylar could be born today and healthy! I am so happy all has gone well. Now, I can't wait to meet her and see her little face. I have a feeling that she will look like M and hope she does. He was the cutest little baby. But, maybe I am biased :)

Anyway - back to work...

2 comments:

Josefina said...

Uhhh...I'd left a comment but something happened with the new blogger!!!

First, I wanted to thank you for your comment, I was very touched!!!!

And the other thing, is that I'm so glad that everything's so well!! And knowing that your baby is perfectably fine and ready to come into the world...it's even better!!!!!

I hope you can finish your work on timE!!

Demeter said...

Hey BBC,

It sounds like we both want these little ones to stay longer because of work. I wish mine was late so I can work one more week (more savings) but as you say, she will come when she does! My EDD is Dec 13, 4 days before you.