My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Officially Full Term!

Well, I am officially full term at just past 37 weeks! My Dr said the baby is free to come at any time now. That is such great news!

I had a Dr's appt today and was surprised to find I lost 1.5 lbs despite the Thanksgiving holiday. I am not complaining. :) I have ready that it is quite normal to lose a few lbs in the final months. This puts my total weight gain at 28 lbs. I am quite happy with this # since I think it is pretty good for my height of 5'11". I wish I could say I didn't worry about the weight at all, but that is a lie. Gaining has been hard for me. I was just hoping I did not gain a crazy amount that was going to be very difficult to take off. I have many friends who gained 50, 60, 65 lbs. So, I have heard my share of post baby complaints.

At my visit today there was no change in my cervix from last week. 1 cm dilated. Although she did say 90% effaced and said that is what she recorded last week -- so I guess I was 90% effaced last week and mistaken.

The training session I am holding starts tomorrow AM so I have just about made it to my work goal. I only need to make it through Friday and I am golden.

Things between M and I have been particularly wonderful. He has been so sweet and appreciative of me, I feel very lucky.

I have a great feeling this will be a wonderful Christmas!

2 comments:

Josefina said...

Well congratulations!!!
You really didn't gain much weight, specially considering you're very tall!!! and from that picture you posted some weeks ago, I can tell you're very thin, so you won't have problems to get your normal weight back!!!

I'm sure also things are going to be great for both (the three!) of you!! And I'm glad to know you're about to finish your project!!!

Demeter said...

It sounds like everything is going smoothly, you are so close eh? I am in the two week wait to birth!!!
I gained 23 lbs, but wait, the last weeks you may become swollen (like I did) and gain 2 lbs more (it all comes off, it is water)
Good luck!