The last few days with Skylar have been great. She is a really good baby. She has been a great night sleeper and now it seems she is napping more in the day and eating well and farther apart (approx 3 hours). That is good because I start to feel like a walking milk truck. :)
It has been a hard adjustment but I am feeling more a more comfortable and more capable to handle all of the responsibility.
M has been sick so hasn't been much help over the ast week. I started to feel like he was "milking" the sickness to be less hands on and had a serious talk with him about my need for his support and to bond with the baby. At this young age babies are just not that responsive so I can tell it is hard for him to connect. He was sweet and promised to make more of an effort. And, the last 2 days he has been great -- helping me out, singing to her, soothing her, etc. It has really helped.
I can't imagine doing this alone and I applaud the strength and courage of single moms out there.
Woops -- Skylar is calling -- gotta run!
1 comment:
I'm glad things are getting better each day!!
And it's nice you have a supportive and helpful husband (even if you had to push him a little!), there's no many that can say that!
Post a Comment