So, the unthinkable became thinkable today.
Skylar has been obsessed with the Signing Time video after I popped it in once last week. What is so thrilling about sign language and toddlers trying to do sign language? Apparently everything! She squeals with delight when I throw that puppy on and she is becoming pretty darn good with all of the signs. Funny, because she can speak all of the words much better than signing, but she likes to do both and I am learning some signs too.
So, I put the DVD on in my Master Bedroom the other day so she could watch a little Signing Times when I was putting away laundry.
Well today, she remembered, climbed on my bed and said, "Signing Time? Just one show??" (I always say "just one show" in my attempts to limit TV -- so she has caught on to the fact that I think mimicking mommy is so cute.)
So, I said, "OK, just one show" and turned on the TV/DVD and hit Play. Much to my dismay what does appear but a good old fashioned adult film. OK, you go tme, Porn. And not that soft Marilyn Chambers porn. Real down and dirty porn. We are talking a scene that has zoomed into areas where the sun does not shine.
In a panic quickly jumped in front of the TV and hit Open/Eject and fumbled for my savior: Signing Time.
I had forgotten about the Mommy and Daddy Time movie the night before and just assumed that Oswald, Elmo, or Signing Time was in the DVD as always.
My husband was there and thought it was quite funny. He swore to me what I thought was a never ending freeze frame of baby scarring filth was about 2.5 seconds and of no consequence to our little gal. I looked in her eyes and could see all she was wondering was, "Where is Signing Time?"
Phew!
6 comments:
That is so freakin funny.
That is hilarious!
Laughing my ass off!
I just hope she pulls the, "remember when" at her 13th b-day party....
I pretty much peed the panties. Thank you for that!
That is classic! Sky seemed OK at the party, not scared or anything...
Oh my gosh. I just lost it. That is a beautiful story.
Post a Comment