Well, I have to start by apologizing for my blogging delinquency. Somehow my Internet cookies got disabled and I had to login to Blogger to post and provide comments on others' blogs. Well, I forgot my password and the password retrieval from Blogger was not working for me. I tried about 25 times. Finally, I got an e-mail from Blogger support this morning and was able to change my password and login. (I have written it down and tucked it away so I can avoid this happening again.)
A lot has happened in the past 6 weeks! I am now 23.5 weeks pregnant and it has been confirmed it is a girl. The u/s tech said she could locate the labia (not just absence of male genitalia) so I was free to go shopping. It is exciting to know the sex of the little being inside me.
I feel pretty darn good too.
I have relaxed 300% since week 17 when I first started feeling movement. Now I feel it all of the time and it is very reassuring. She is quite active and bops around in there, especially after I eat anything sweet which has been fairly often since it is my one craving. Chocolate! brownies! fudge! Despite my sweet tooth my weight gain has been pretty good at 14.5 lbs total at my appt on Monday.
Work has been going well and I had a trip to Dallas the first week in August. Then, M and I were off to the Big Island of Hawaii for a fabulous vacation -- or babymoon of sorts. We golfed, hiked, swam at the beach, visited the volcanoes, took a helicopter ride over an amazing coast, and ate amazing fruits every morning. It really was a wonderful vacation.
Now, I am back to my planner ways and am starting on the nursery which is really fun. I have different paint splotches all over the walls but have vowed to stop since buying samples and quarts adds up and I haven't even selected a color. Paint is supposed to be the cheap thing.
I am also planning to research some more environmentally friendly diaper options. I am not that keen on cloth diapers and plastic pants but have heard there are some hybrids out there that may work well. I don't have the best plumbing though so that is a concern. I would not want to have to deal with little surprises coming back to great me all of the time. Especially since the bathroom next to the nursery is the guest bathroom. Any advice, tips, etc. are welcome.
What else is new? I am working on a new project at work which I really enjoy. And, I have hired a dear friend who I used to work with to contract for my company and assist me until my leave. So, business meetings with her are fun.
Anyway -- so I think that is about it. I will return to blogging since I can now. :)
1 comment:
Glad to hear things are going well. I wrote a post a while back of cloth diaper options. http://odysseytoconception.blogspot.com/2006/03/cloth-diapering.html
Do keep an open mind about it because there are lots of options out there that are about as easy as disposables and definitely worth considering, especially if you will have more than one baby. Feel free to email me (my address is on my blog) if you have any questions!
Post a Comment