My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Decisions decisions

So, at the recommendation of my DR, I am beginning to interview pediatricians. Today is my first interview. My sister thinks I am truly anal as she would never do such a thing. She said (with an incredulous tone) "What are YOU going to ask them?" It is funny how different we are.

Actually, my sister (and my husband) both hold a big grudge with my OB/GYN because of the retained tissue after D&C and the scare she gave me over assuming I had gestational trophoblastic disease instead of simply retained tissue. It was a stressful day but she did change he diagnosis and I think it was an honest mistake. They both, however, question my loyalty to her. The truth is that I really like her. I think she is warm, friendly, and pleasant. And, I think she has a special interest in me because of our history and the challenges I posed for her. So, I get a little bit of special attention.

Nevertheless, I will be changing Drs after I give birth. I just found out that with my husband's promotion he can cover both me and the baby for FREE. That's right, free health insurance for all of us! Right now, I have a PPO and I pay $80 a month. And, it would be an additional $100/mo to cover the baby on my plan. So, that is quite a perk. So, despite my loyalty, I have to change. I may however, just switch to anothert DR within her practice because onre of them is covered by my husband's plan (an HMO).

Anyway, I am a bit nervous about the Dr interview-- not sure ehy since I am the interviewer not the interviewee. But, I do know I want to make the bext decisions and I would like to discuss the ovarian cyst with potential pediatricians, just to get their take.

So wish me luck!

No comments: