My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sick sick sick

I am sick. I have a nasty cold that started on Sat and just won't seem to let up. I have tried not to take anything but Sudafed (regular) is on my list of approved medications while pregnant. So, I have taken that once to twice a day when I really need to feel better to get work done.

It was funny buying Sudafed because at my pharmacy you have to pick up a card on the shelf and get it from the pharmacist after scanning your ID. And you are limited to one package. I guess Meth addicts are using Sudafed to create drugs. Hmmmm and this is approved for a pregnant gal? That is why I try to resist taking it - but sometimes I just need relief!

And, little Skylar doesn't seem sick at all. She is rocking and rolling there stronger than ever.

M and I started Lamaze classes. He went to his first one last night. I can't say it is too enlightening because it is a lot of relaxation breathing which seems kind of like yoga breathing to me. I think what I like most is attending with M and having him there as my birth partner. I am a sucker for partner type things. I am not sure he loves going but he gets a kick out of how I eat it up. He thinks I am such a dork with my goofy focal point and how seriously I take everything.

Quite frankly, I wonder how much Lamaze I will use since I do plan to get an epidural. I don't really have the desire for a natural childbirth. I have a lot of trust in medical science and feel like if something can help me -- I'll do it. I totally respect those who choose to go drug free, just not for me, I guess. Although I do wonder how I would handle it. I think I would do quite well so maybe I will see how much labor I can take before opting for the epidural. A lot of people get it at 3-4 cm no matter what. We'll see - but I suspect I will not have a drug free birth and I am not ashamed. :)

1 comment:

Josefina said...

HI!!!
I'm sorry you're so sick!! I hope it passes quickly!!
About the epidural, it's funny because here in Chile EVERYBODY uses an epidural, and by everybody I mean literally everybody. There probably must be someone who hasn't used it, but clinics and hospitals ALWAYS use it, it's almost mandatory....
So if you feel too ashamed to use it there, you can come here!!! LOL...
Anyway, I don't know about labor pain, but my friends always say things like "I can't imagine how do americans do it without an epidural!" LOL....
I think there's nothing wrong with using it, of course there's always an ammount of risk involved, but truly, as you say, if something can make things a little easier, why don't!! But that's my opinion, probably in US I would have a lot of oponents!! But well, I come from another culture!!

Good luck with your cold!!!