My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Monday, October 09, 2006

The Big 3-0

I am now in my 30th week of pregnancy and in the final stretch. It is hard to believe although I cannot say that the time flew by. Sometimes I think it did but when I look back to April when I was getting my first few ultrasounds it seems many moons ago.

One thing that may be soothing for those newly pregnant after loss and feeling stressed and worried (as I did) -- I DID and HAVE stopped worrying. Once I felt movement (approx 17 weeks) I no longer worried and now I feel pretty calm and relaxed. Even the baby's ovarian cyst does not worry me because my Drs and research have told me that it is not dangerous. So, I hope that is comforting to some.

I think I am starting to feel a bit fatigued and Blah again. Yesterday (Sunday) I did not have much motivation for anything (besides laying around and doing some household chores.) I even took a nap which is not like me at all (not even pregnant me.) It is funny but I always feel guilty when I am not productive. But, sometimes I have completed all of the tasks at hand and do not really have anything else to complete (besides things that require $$ which we are trying to hold off on since the new car purchase.)

The tasks I do have outstanding are work related. I have a major project to complete before maternity leave. I am due 12/17 and plan to work until 12/15 if I can. My work has been great since we need to all get together at the end of November (12 people from all over the US) and they are all coming to me since I cannot travel. Let's hope I don't go into labor early while leading a training course. :) I gave the disclaimer though because it could happen since I will be 38 weeks pregnant.

A funny thing I have noticed is how many more people/strangers talk to me since I am pregnant. I have specifically noticed this at the gym. People just chat me up -- and it has been mostly men believe it or not. (I have not yet had a stranger rub my belly though!) Often people talk about their own kids or how life changing children are, etc. I don't mind -- I find to very interesting. Of course there is that time where you just want to get on with your workout and people won't leave -- but I always try to move away gracefully.

This is not all that unique because I often (even when not pregnant) attract strangers who chat. Not sure why -- I think I am just approachable. I was ALWAYS the one in college who got approached by the campus Christian groups and invited to Bible Study -- it was a big joke among my friends. I think it is because I smile a lot. And it is true -- I usually have a perma grin. I was even voted "Best smile" in high school. It is just my normal facial expression at rest I guess. This will not be good for lines later on I know.

2 comments:

Josefina said...

Well, seems that everything's going so well!!

I can't believe you plan on working just 2 days before your due date...here maternity leave starts BY LAW, 42 days before due date...and continues for 84 days after the baby is born....

But well, as long as you feel ok to work, that's fine!!

Good luck with your project!!

Demeter said...

Wow, I have such a routine too! I have been asked to work even beyond the time I am giving birth and I just said: "it is out of my control, but I will work up until I have contractions every 5 minutes!!" The good thing is that I am working from home!
I feel like you, now I am getting very lethargic and I never take a nap, but now I can use one!
Take it easy and congratulations on your 3-0 week!