
Well, it has been hard to post to my Blog to say the least.
Life with Skylar is busy but wonderful. She is already 3.5 weeks old! She is the love of my life.
Motherhood has been quite an adjustment. I have spent days weeping because it is all so overwhelming. She needs me all of the time. And, breastfeeding is no easy feat. At 2 weeks she needed to eat almost hourly and each nursing session spanned an hour so that is all I did. I felt like something was wrong but everyone I spoke to assured me it was a growth spurt and it would pass. It has, phew! That week was tough with constant feeding and the cries of a hungry baby in between.
Things ha ve settled a bit but the stress hit me hard and I lost my appetite. I believe I have lost almost all of the baby weight and am in my old jeans already. That was a surprise.
As we turned past week 2 and into week 3 things have gotten much easier and she seldom cried for more than 5 minutes. Now, she spends much of her time quiet and alert-- taking in the world. She has been a great sleeper as well. She often has 4 to 6 hour stretches at night which really helps me get through the days.
My mother has been a dream and has been over at my house often to help. She is a smitten Grandma (although is searching for a name other than Grandma so she doesn't feel so old -- we are almost settled on Gammie.) Through this entire experience I have really discovered how many wonderful supportive friends I have. We have had many visitors, many meals brought to us, mountains of gifts for Skylar and so much love. We are blessed.
I know she is worth all of the hard work.
3 comments:
Congrats again. I'm so glad to hear that things are getting easier!
Oh wow! Time has really gone fast!!
I'm glad to hear you're settling in, and that things are going better!!
I can't believe you already fit in your old clothes!!! That's really something to be VERY proud of!!!
I hope everything goes better and better!!
Congratulations BBC!!! Your baby girl is a cutie! I totally understand what you are going through. Especially now that my help is gone. But also enjoying my little baby girl! I am sleeping in 4 hour increments. It will get better. You are like me, you must be thinking that you can't get anything done. Don't worry to much about it. This time is so short!
Post a Comment