My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Count Down to the New Baby C

Yep -- my older sis is going to have her baby girl in just 6 short weeks! She is naming her Charlotte Nicole so Baby C she will be.

I am so excited for sis and for Skylar. She will LOVE to have a cousin. And, if they are as close as my sis and I are it will be a lifelong friendship. If M chooses to never get on board for Baby #2, at least I can try and make this cousin relationship as close and rich as it can be.

I can't say I am not a little worried for sis. Having a baby kicked my butt and sometimes I feel like I can handle a bit more than her. However, I am sure she will rise to the occasion. And watch, she will have the calmest, mellowest - sleep all the time baby and not a hint of PPD. Which is probably good because my sister would not be so quick to take meds. She is much for fearful than me. And, was never the drug experimenter in her part days like me. Too afraid that she would drop dead at the first pill, sniff, smoke, etc. I was with her when she smoked pot once and thought she couldn't breathe or move...good memories. ;)

Speaking of meds...I have been off the meds I was prescribed for post partum depression (PPD) for a month and no problem at all! I never intended to stay on them a year but my OB recommended it. And, I was afraid getting off of them would be tough as I have 3 friends who just could not. I must admit that there were side effects or "withdrawals" per se even though I weaned off in 6 weeks. But nothing major, just annoying.

Now I feel good and I have proven to myself that i wasn't just happy because of the medication. I am actually happy! And, I had noted that I was not stressed at work no matter how heavy the load. That too has not gone away, so perhaps I have been re-wired? Maybe PPD was a good thing for me.

That said, I wouldn't hesitate to go back on meds after Baby #2 if need be. It was a life saver for me and with 2 kids I may need a double dose. ;) Let's see if M starts leaning in the baby direction anytime soon. Skylar has been super cute lately so that always helps the cause.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby C will be here so soon. I love the name that they chose!

Dude, where the side effect of going off meds gnarly for you? I was on them several years ago and felt like crap getting off of them. It was like I'd turn my head to look to the side and the rest of my brain would slowly catch up. Trip.

In any case, so happy you're feeling great!