My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Spitting image of her Dad...

Yea, yea, yea. I get it, my daughter looks like her father. She doesn't look anything like me. Her light hair and round face are light years away from my dark hair and long face. But, I promise you, she came out of me...I witnessed it!

(I could even post a picture to prove it. I have the best picture of Skylar's head poking out and me smiling. The angle is perfect so it is totally PG-13, but no, I won't post it lest I become an Internet phenomenon.)


Anyway -- I can't tell you how many times a week I hear about how she looks like dad and not me. Even strangers say"She must look like her father." And everytime I send out a new batch of photos via email I get about 5-10 replies of -- Wow she looks like Daddy, etc.


It doesn't really bother me, because I agree -- she looks alot like her papa. It is just funny that no one sees me in there....because I do! (My sister does too but she knows me better than anyone.)


So, I found an old pic of me circa 1976 (?) It is old and tattered but I think this is proof that Skylar looks like me. In fact, I didn't look anything like I do now when I was a kid. I too had arounder face and lighter hair (I dye it people). And, no baby is born with my long "roman" nose.


So here it is -- proof! HA! What a cute kid I was... :)



No comments: