My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Feeling "kinda" better

That's it. I am destined to worry about every little thing with this pregnancy. If it is not one thing, it is the other. Someone please save me from my own mind!

The good news is,the spotting stopped as quickly as it started. I really only spotted some brown on Friday morning however it tinged the leakage from my progesterone suppositories until Saturday. By Sat night it was gone and I was happy to see the white leakage from the lovely suppositories.

This AM I had my 2nd u/s at 6wk0d. Based on a lot of others' experiences, I thought we may see the HB today. Because of the spotting I was super nervous and took my husband M for moral support. My RE assured me spotting was normal and said, "If you worry about every spot you are going to have a very long 9 months."

At the u/s we saw a clear gestational sac (much larger than last week) and a perfect yolk sac. My RE said that it is too early to see the HB and I would see that next week. My Dr said he saw a swelling that indicates a fetal pole, I couldn't really make that out and I definitely don't see it in my pic I took home. My RE said all looks good and we should see more next week.

I know he knows a lot more than I do but can't help but be concerned. I wanted to see it today! It seems many other people see HBs and clear babies at their 6 week u/s.

I keep telling myself that 6wk 0d is as early as you can get in the 6th week. (I saw the HB last time at 6wk5d). And, my RE and the nurse said oh no, that is next week like it is no big deal. M was there to witness this so I know he will not tolerate any stressing or second guessing the Dr. So, I must be confident, trust the expert and wait until next week.

Sometimes I curse the internet with its access to ultrasound galleries (where I can compare pics) and information on everything from blighted ovums, to missed miscarriages, to any doomsday prophecy you want to choose for yourself. I must stop and try to enjoy this pregnancy. That is my goal this week.

Breathe...breathe... :)

2 comments:

charlie's mom said...

Hang in there. Sometimes all that info is just overwhelming. Your Dr said it was fine, so trust in him.

Josefina said...

I can't believe I'm not the only one who worries that much!!
Really, I understand you SO well, I would be just like you!!
Thing with spotting is indeed frightening, but you had an u/s so everything must be ok.
And yes, your husband won't be very happy with you worrying that much!
But anyway, sometimes nothing people say is good enough, and I think as you, I will be worrying all 9 months when the time comes (at least the first 3).
Good luck!!!!