My positive philosophy about life, things, and just about everything. "Better than most" is pretty damn good so I am not fretting about the rest.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Bizarre dreams

I have been having bizarre dreams about the baby for at least the last 2 months. They are usually similar and I believe they started when I started to feel her movements.

This is what usually happens....the baby punches me from the inside so had that her little fist busts through my abdominal wall. I can see her little pink clenched fist and I panic trying to stuff her back in because it is too early for her to see the light of day. A few times I dreamed her head popped out as well. All the while I am trying desperately to put her back in my belly where she belongs.

My theory is that she is extremely active when I sleep and gives me some strong kicks which prompt the dreams. Also, I got that picture that was going around in e-mail about the surgeon who was doing surgery in utero of a 21 week old fetus and when he cut into the uterus a little hand came out and grab his finger. Have you seen this? The picture is real but the story has been altered a bit for e-mail drama. See the real scoop here:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/thehand.asp

Not sure what has spurred the dreams (likely a combination of the two) but they are disturbing. Well maybe not as disturbing as my dream last night that I was riding bikes down the beach with my "good friend" Britney Spears. What the heck was that? That's it, I am never picking up an US magazine again!

2 comments:

Josefina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Josefina said...

Thank you on the EDD!!! My wedding anniversary is 18/12 so if your baby makes a slow entrance you can remember me!! LOL!!

About the dreams, I've heard from my friends that is pretty common to have strange dreams or nightmares when you're pregnant, so maybe that's it also.

I've seen the picture of that baby, it's very impressing!!!

And one last thing, I remember that once I dreamt something like you mention, I think it was my niece who kept poking her head outside SIL's belly....LOL....

Oh! and cool car!!!!