I know I have been a very delinquent blogger, but I have good reason as I was in Brazil and Argentina for my work trip. Remember, this was the trip that was going to screw any chances I had for conceiving that cycle.
Well, not so! I got a positive OPK on the Sunday before I left (my flight departed Monday 3/27 at 3pm) so I was able to get in some babymaking before I took off. While on my trip, I tried not to think about it but couldn't help it. Maybe I had a chance!
Well, I returned Friday 4/7 and expected my period the next day. No sign. Sunday passed, nope. Monday AM I tested and lo and behold a positive! I took the test at 6:30 am, told my husband, smiled, and crawled back in bed. Very anti-climatic for such a 7 month build up. But, I am trying to stay cautiously optimistic. I just want to get through the first 12 weeks, then I will really start celebrating. I am, of course, very happy.
I called my RE to tell him the news and even though I did not start any treatment with him he offered to monitor me closely through my first trimester. I jumped at the offer. I went in for a blood test that day (at 14dpo) and my beta level was 117 and progesterone 25 which they said was great! I go in again today for another blood test to ensure they are doubling. Then I will have weekly ultrasounds. Perfect for a Type A gal like me. ;)
For all those TTC, I know everyone wants to know about signs in the 2 week wait (I know I did.) The only sign I had was increased cervical mucus (CM). A lot of creamy CM and a few days it was yellow. I have also had daily headaches since Friday. That is it though, no sore BBs, nothing else.
We are really thrilled. I have a good feeling about this pregnancy. I am hoping for a sticky, sticky baby and an uneventful 9 months.
2 comments:
So very happy for you! My best, stickiest wishes going out your way!
Congratulations!!!!
I know how you must be feeling!!
Best of all, your trip didn't interfered at all (or maybe it did, but on the good way!)
The best of luck for you!!!!!!
Pls keep us informed!!
Post a Comment